Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

Bradfordwhite gas water heater valve #222 46182 018. 3 days

Customer Question
bradfordwhite gas water heater valve...
bradfordwhite gas water heater valve #222 46182 018
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: 3 days pilot button will not engage
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the burner will not stay on but about 10 minutes. i did change the therocouling whenthe knob would depress
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Plumbing
11/25/2016
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 12 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the pilot knob won't depress you need to replace the gas valve. The best source for one is your local plumbing supply house that sells ***** *****. If the unit is less tha 6 years old this should be a warranty item.

thanks

You're welcome

Rick
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor