Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

My Rinnai 16 Infinity fires up for a second or so then goes

Customer Question
Hi there, My Rinnai 16 Infinity...
Hi there,
My Rinnai 16 Infinity fires up for a second or so then goes out - displays error code 12. I've checked the vents. What should I do next?
Thanks Graham
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 day by:
11/19/2016
Plumber: Billy, Mechanical Contractor replied 1 year ago
Billy
Billy, Mechanical Contractor

My name is***** see your question stumped the panel here.

I just logged on and saw you had not received an answer yet.

I am willing to help you if you still need assistance. Just let me know how the project is going and I can help you or close this question for you.

Once again I apologize for the delay.

Billy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi there Billy, Thanks for offering to help. As I said my tank-less HWS (Rinnai Infinity 16) doesn't sustain a flame after about 1 or 2 seconds. Things I've tied so far. gas supply ok = fresh propane bottle. water supply ok outlet runs firstly just a bit warm then cold, , which I would expect given no flame!and vents on front face of unit all clear I also opened the front panel then freaked out at all the electronics etc so screwed the cover back on and then approached "Just Answer" hence you. What next please - if I need to check the flame detector head and its condition how do I do this. Have you got/can you send maintenance step-step diagrams, please? Also are spares readily available where I live (140 Forge Creek Road, Eagle Point, Vic Aust) Over to you for now.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, Thanks for that. Right now its only 6.15am and I'll be on line again later when I have more time to go out to the unit - its in the paddocks where its used as a horse wash and I need to get organised. Hope you will be able to help as its bugging me to bits. By the way the unit is only about 3 years old and this fault has only just surfaced after all that time which I find really strange. Nothing obvious has happened to cause this. Is it a common fault or occurrence on these units wonder?? It probably is best for you to walk me through a fault diagnosis - Can I call you, perhaps? If so let me have your phone number also, please.

you will want to remove the vent pipe and check for any nest or obstructions first. That is a common issue for code 12

Hi there, actually I was quite disappointed in the help I got to my problem with a "tankless" Rinnai hot water service. Having tried all the suggestions from just Ask I found out myself that the problem causing a "no flame error code 12 " was indeed water in the gas line which prevented sufficient flow to the burner hence the flame out signal. I give this information so you can update your own fault diagnosis solutions. Regards Graham* Cheers Graha *

Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber