How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rick Your Own Question
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 21385
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have mildew/mold under my kitchen sink. What can I use to

Customer Question

I have mildew/mold under my kitchen sink. What can I use to get rid of it or can I even do so? Is it dangerous to my family?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Several months and its moving fast.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm not sure what else to say except it has a foul odor.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Common household bleach is best to get rid of mold. If it's getting worse then you have a leak that you need to address. Mold won't continue growing without a constant source of moisture. Some mold can cause allergies or other health issues.