Michael  Coulon
Michael Coulon, Plumber
Experience:  Over 8 years of on the job Plumbing experience. Including residential service/new construction, Commercial service/new construction, and plumbing facility maintenance.
95820287

I serviced my Culligan 20" Gold Series water filter (added

Customer Question

I serviced my Culligan 20" Gold Series water filter (added calcite) and then the pressure dropped to almost zero. I suspect (from reading) that the resin tube is clogged, but wonder if the top strainer(s) may be the culprit? System is 8 years old, and I have serviced each year with no problems ... till now!
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Started June 1 when I added calcite. Since then I have bypassed the system.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Was thinking about doing it ... if I can get my hands on all the parts.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Well, is there a chance it could be the top strainer (that seems the easiest to check)
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Michael Coulon replied 1 year ago.
Hi, hows it going. I would like to see your unit if possible of you could take a couple of pictures or give me an exact model number off the unit so i can give you good information about poasibly getting it unstopped for you