Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

1/3 hP Wayne sump pump. I spilled out the mineral oil and do

Customer Question
1/3 hP Wayne sump pump...
1/3 hP Wayne sump pump. I spilled out the mineral oil and do not know how much to acquire and add to the proper level. Leo
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Sometime in the past for sure. I am now working on getting to 82 and also retired, from DuPont...
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes I am in rural SC and finding a close business is difficult.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The storm hit here Thursday with lots of water. The pump started handling the basin water level and soon noticed the water level not going down as expected. THen pump would not run. so bailed water to keep it out of the house... New pump and 1st real usage other than testing.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Water was gathering along foundation level and seeping between slab and the wooden wall. Last October floods left me with maybe 1/2 inch of water in my main room. So thought I was prepared for this less sever rain rates...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Plumbing
9/4/2016
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 1 year ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

There should be a fill level line

If not just cover the windings and leave 1/2" from top for expansion

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I opened the pump the oil level was above the electronics at fop of motor. Did see an oil level line can look again.

Well, it doesn't sound like you lost much at all

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, sounds good, thanks for your help. Now to find some mineral oil.. Thanks for the help. Hate to discard a brand

Great If you feel I served you well please give me a 5 star rating. Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Are you satisfied with my service?

WCohn
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber