Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a sears Kenmore water softener that I purchased in

Customer Question

I have a sears Kenmore water softener that I purchased in March 2013 that has developed a leak that is coming from the salt storage tank. There is also a white salty looking residue forming on the exterior of the tank at the bottom as well. I know this has a 10 year manufacturer warranty for a leak in this tank. How do I get it replaced? I realize that I have to pay for a technician to repair this, but I don't want to have to pay for the replacement tank.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 12 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You first need to document everything you do. So note when you called and how long you were on the phone. Next call them back and tell the level 1 rep you get at first that you fill file a complaint with Better Business and the local State consumer protection agency and demand to speak to their supervisor. Get the names of everyone you talk to. If they still won't honor the warranty then contact your local State consumer protection agency and file a complaint with them. I'd also write a letter to Sears noting the unsuccessful efforts you made and include names and dates. Keep a copy of the letter and send it registered mail signature required.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'm familiar with that process already. I was hoping to get in contact with someone who services equipment and who actually has dealt with my particular problem with Sears. Your advice is great but not exactly what I'm looking for. Please pass this question along to someone more inline with my issue. Thanks!
Expert:  Rick replied 12 months ago.

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.