Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

Chlorinated my well. Now pump won't come on. Pressure reads

Customer Question
32 lbs on switch. Switch...
Chlorinated my well. Now pump won't come on. Pressure reads 32 lbs on switch. Switch has power
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 30 minuets
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The wire going to the pump is hot. The well casing was rusty. Pump worked while running chlorine water through system.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Just discovered it when I tried to clean the system and start using the water
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/13/2016
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 1 year ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you hear and feel the pump running?

I'm concerned about the hot wire! When you turn in the water do you have adequate pressure or does it seem like 32 psi is accurate?

Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber