Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

I have sewage coming into basement from the corner of two

Customer Question

Hi, i have sewage coming into basement from the corner of two concrete walls. Roto router came earlier and seemed like they fixed everything, cleaned and left the drying machines for overnight. Now the flooding is back and the stinky smell can be smelled on all floors. Is it safe to stay here untill morning? What to do next if roto router just took the walls down and cleaned the basement but didnt stop the leak, am I still obligated to pay them? The problem is not solved and I could have taken the furniture out myself without fixing the leak.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. What did they tell you that they fixed? How did you feel about the way that they treated you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They said they cleared the main sewer and it is not leaking anymore, but as soon as they left, I checked on what was going on and saw the sewage coming in filling up quickly. I honestly feel underserviced. Roto Router advertises their 24/7 service, but I was told they will send a plumber in the AM. I have a wife and a 3 y.o. In the house, we shut off the AC because it pumps the stiky air throughout the house.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 11 months ago.

That sounds like the typical experience from Roto Rooter. This is no time of year to be trying to sleep without AC on for sure. If the smell is overwhelming then there is likely not a danger to you but could possibly cause some respiratory aggravation. If it is an option and the smell is quite terrible then staying elsewhere tonight may be the best move. I would also recommend cancelling the Roto Rooter plumber and calling a plumber that is locally based with good reviews. It is up to you if you want to pay Roto Rooter. It certainly seems that cleaning and drying would have no affect if the leak is still happening. If they removed a blockage then maybe some of the bill can be negotiated but if you end up spending the night in a hotel because they left everything a mess then you have an argument in your favour also.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 11 months ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?