Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

My C MAX anti-siphon is not allowing enough water in the

Customer Question
tank. It is too...
My C MAX anti-siphon is not allowing enough water in the tank. It is too short I believe. The water goes maybe half way up the back. Is this extendable or can it be replaced with a better part?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: I don't know. I just bought my place.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Maybe
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The toilets are Toto
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Plumbing
7/15/2016
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

Are you talking about the fill valve for the toilet tank?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it's the blue top part. It also make a loud pulsing sound as it's filling back up.

Ok, if this is a 2 piece toilet (separate tank bolted to the bowl) you should just replace the fill valve. A Fluidmaster is your best bet. Fluidmasters are widely available, inexpensive (<$15) and come with good instructions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
generally, what should it run to get a plumber to do it? I tried to take the top part off but it's very tight. It seems wrong that a product would be so short as to not fill the bowl up. there is a small white lever at the base. Is that an adjusting component?

You're description indicates the valve is failing and needs to be replaced. It's a pretty easy replacement for a moderately skilled DIY'er. A plumber would charge $100 to $150 depending on where you live. I can post a link to instructions if you like so you can see if you want to tackle this yourself.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just noticed that your answer somehow cost me $32 instead of the 5$ I signed up for. Who can I talk with to get my money back?

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding but I did answer your question in detail. I diagnosed the problem and gave you an inexpensive solution which which is far less money than what you'd spend on a plumber. Even if you don't do this yourself you know what the problem is so the plumber won't be able to sell you something you don't need. Contact customer service if you have a question about the charges.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
lI will, but your service clearly indicated $5 for a one time answer, not $32. I wouldn't have asked the question otherwise.

I have nothing to do with billing or your account. Please contact customer service at the link above to discuss this with them.

Rick
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor