Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

Upstairs bathroom sink backing up rom a/c condensate. Cool!

Customer Question
Upstairs bathroom sink backing up...
Upstairs bathroom sink backing up rom a/c condensate.
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Cool!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm sure something will come up! Lol
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Plumbing
7/14/2016
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 1 year ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I'm currently on my way home please be patient and I'll answer your questions soon

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Wade.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, I'll be waiting.

So your ac condensate drains into your sink?

And thank you for your patience

Did you give up on me?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wade I am a firefighter and we were super busy last night, I'm sorry. It's my moms sink. And yes, the a/c drains to the same line as the sink.
Ok. Because of the condensate is acidic it causes the drain to have buildup. Is it just a slow drain that needs unclogged?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the ptrap disconnected and now it's draining to a bucket now. So the sink doesn't overflow. Only about a 1/4 full since last night.
it's in the drain?
Use this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E1N07LY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468516339&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=thrift+drain+cleaner&dpPl=1&dpID=41zXN25-YSL&ref=plSrch

Did I answer your question to your satisfaction?

WCohn
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber