Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

Why is there suck a low volume of water coming from my

Customer Question

why is there suck a low volume of water coming from my kitchen, single handle model 7430 faucet? I have a sufficient water supply to the faucet
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

Does you faucet have a side spray or a pullout spray (no separate spout)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pullout spray
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if the flow is poor for both spray functions (most have 2 spray function/types) then unscrew the head from the hose and check that connection for a screen that probably clogged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did this and it is not the answer. I get low volume on both hot and cold at the faucet only, not the spray nozzle
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

You said you had a pullout not a faucet with a separate spout. Please clarify which type of faucet you have. Sounds like you have a spout and a separate spray on the side. This is not a pullout.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's a model 7430 and the spray has great volume and pressure, low volume at the spout,
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, try unscrewing the aerator on the end of the spout. If the flow is good without the aerator then you need to clean or replace the aerator.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that and there is no difference.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok then the diverter is probably stuck and need to be replaced. The diverter is what keeps the water from coming out of the spout when you use the spray.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did note that when I used the spray, a low volume of water continued to flow from the spout
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Here's a link to the product page. Exploded parts view link is on this page top right. You have to remove the handle cartridge and the spout to get to the diverter which should be in the front of the faucet body with the spout removed.

http://www.moen.com/product-support/chateau/chrome-one-handle-low-arc-kitchen-faucet/_/R-CONSUMER%3A7430?catalogSku=CONSUMER:7430

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any more questions?