Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

I can't get the old Insinkerator model 77 off the mounting

Customer Question
ring. I know I should...
I can't get the old Insinkerator model 77 off the mounting ring. I know I should just be able to use the tool to twist it to the right, but it won't budge. I have put some wd40 into the flange and have waited a while to see if the solvent would free it. I have used a hammer, although leverage and force are limited due to location. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Plumbing
6/26/2016
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You turn the locking ring to the left not the right to release it.

Give that a try. If it still won't budge then let me know

Rick
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor