Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

We have a tankless Rinnai hot water heater and had a water

Customer Question
Hello, we have a tankless...
Hello, we have a tankless Rinnai hot water heater and had a water line burst and water sprayed all over the system, now it will fire up and then shut off after a few seconds. What is the fix?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Plumbing
3/31/2016
Plumber: Phil, Mechanical Engineer. replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.

Hello, if water got on the printed circuit board, remove it, and dry it out for 5 hours in an oven running no hotter than 140F... replace the card. If that fails you most likely will need a new printed circuit board.

The odds of this being a correct diagnosis without tests is in the 80 to 90% range, if you need to get into it deeper, see the link below. Let me know what you would like to do.

http://screencast.com/t/LBQd5jJC7IV

Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber