Derek Williams
Derek Williams,
Experience:  Owner at DCW plumbing
89816453

My house uses a well. Have done so as the house has been

Customer Question

My house uses a well. Have done so for as long as the house has been here (1974). Can the city force me to go on city water or somehow take my well away from me? How can I find out where my water is coming from exactly? Is this regulated or tracked somehow by the city? What if they build more houses in the area, will they tap into the same supply I have or do they simply run from the city water?
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a legal answer on this I think not a plumber?
Expert:  Derek Williams replied 1 year ago.

Hello Nickee. My name is***** me see if i can be of help. The plumbing code States that you can not intermix well water and city on the same line. If you have a well they will not force you to get city water. Also if new developments are going in and city water is available they would use that. Now if they have to dig a well each home would have their own or a community well for the development . In this case they can all be possibly be tapping the same source that is providing you water. But every city ordinances are different. I would advise to just call the water company in your area ask them. They can tell you what you need to know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are the odds of a well running out? Is it something I should worry about? How can I find out the source of my well?

the best thing to do for this would be to have a well person come out to take a look at it and do an assessment.