How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marc Your Own Question
Marc, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 1126
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Marc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am too old to crawl under my cottage to open and close

Customer Question

Hello. I am too old to crawl under my cottage to open and close water lines. I would like to extend the handle on the shut off so that i can reach them from inside the cottage. A distance of about three feet. I cannot raise the pipe because then they would not drain and could freeze every winter. Is this possible?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Are you referring to turning off the water to the outside hose bibs for the winter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't think so. In the fall i drain the water from my cottage by opening two valves. In the spring i shut these valves. Turn on the wAter pump and that is that. I want to be able to use my cottage during the winter. By installing a submersible pump with a drain back system i can do this but i need to be able to open and shut the valves under the cottage without havi g to physically crawl through ice and snow to get u der the cottage. Do you understand? An extention of som e kind that would prject through the floor of the porch or deck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay....surprise computer update. argh... reading your reply now.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Sure does look like something that would be better as a phone conversation. Accept the offer and I will call you or we can certainly proceed with the text chat if you wish.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I will be here for a few more hours tonight so just let me know how you would like to proceed. I certainly have some options for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not prepared to pay another $27.00. Can you answer me by some other method? I could not respond previously - no response box. Then I was advised you were no longer available. Someone named Marx wanted another $43.00. So I decided something was wrong with the whole thing