How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marc Your Own Question
Marc, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 1126
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Marc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I took apart my bathroom sink pipes to declog and clean

Customer Question

Hi! I took apart my bathroom sink pipes to declog and clean them, and when I reassembled them, I have a leak. its above the U shaped part, where there is a rubber stopper (type of thing) attached to the part that actually fits through the hole in the sink and holds the stopper. i hope that makes sense to a pro! suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Derek Williams replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** to just answer. Lets see if i can help you. First i need some more info. Let me walk you thru it. You have the J trap and a pipe going to the sink at eh bottom of the sink is a big nut that tightens a big rubber seal the goes into the bottom of the sink. is it leaking from there?

Expert:  Derek Williams replied 1 year ago.

And is this a bathroom sink or kitchen?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. It seems that your first expert opted out but I assure you are in good hands. Will you tell me what part is leaking on this diagram? click here