Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My kwc lighted led faucet when first installed it lite up…

Customer Question
My kwc lighted led faucet...
My kwc lighted led faucet when first installed it lite up every time I pressed the on bottom. Now it will only light up when I pull it down into the sink. If I retract it back the light shuts off.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
3/6/2016
Plumber: Mike R., Plumber replied 2 years ago
Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. There is a wire harness that is clamped to the shank of the faucet under the sink. Is that clamp loose? Is it clamped to the metal of the shank or on plastic coated part of the shank? When you touch that clamp does the faucet light turn on and off?

It is likely that clamp is not making good contact with the shank. Either tighten the clamp or sand a little of the coating off of the shank so that the clamp makes contact. That should get all working well. Let me know if it does not with some detail about what happened when you try what I suggest. I am happy to continue to help if this is not the solution.

I did try the advice but no resolution to the problem.

Does the faucet work when you touch the clamp?

Did you remove the clamp then sand the spot where it clamps then replace the clamp?

There might be a short in the hose itself.

No chance of that. It is no electricity in the faucet. Does the faucet work when you touch the clamp? Did you remove the clamp then sand the spot where it clamps then replace the clamp?

The clamp you referring to is it the stainless steel weight with the two screws that keeps it from separating into two parts?

No the clamp with the wire on it that connects to the box. It is clamped on the shaft that the hose goes through.

I'll revisit that again I'll let you know. Thanks

Very good.