Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Hot water went off in condo building. Now it is back on but…

Customer Question
Hot water went off in...
Hot water went off in condo building. Now it is back on but washing machine does not work and message says water tap closed. What do we do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
3/6/2016
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

There's a high probability that a lot of sediment was stirred up in the water pies when they turned the water back on. That sediment could be blocking the screens on the washing machine where the hoses connect. You could shut the water off to the machine then disconnect the hoses at the machine and clean out the screens just inside of where the hoses connect.

If that doesn't work disconnect the hoses then direct them into a bucket and turn the water back on. If the flow is good then you have a problem with the machine. If the flow isn't good you'll have to call a plumber to look into this further