Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Old pressure reducer vale outside doesn't work water goes…

Customer Question
Old pressure reducer vale...
Old pressure reducer vale outside doesn't work water goes thru also on the cold main another pressure reducer valve u der the house , we bought the house it had a new 40 gal hot water tank with an old 2 gal expansion tank, pop value popped off, replaced pop off value, owned house a few weeks didn't know about the pressure reducer valves so it was recommended to put on a new pressure reducer valve next to the water tank, things was fine for a month until we found the other pressure reducer valves, so got new pressure reducer valve, and got a new expansion tank because the bladder busted, and replaced that with a 5 gal expansion tank, on our cold water main from pressure reducer value our pressure gauge is showing 110 and rising with no power to the hot water tank back pressure is rising with pressure reducing vavle set to 55, what can we do
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/4/2016
Plumber: Tyler Redinger,
 replied 2 years ago
Tyler Redinger

Hey I would like to help you with you high pressure problem. So we're on the same page you bought a pressure reducer put it on your cold water inlet of your waterheater. If so not sure why they said to put it there. We're it should be installed is out side right after your water meter. That way it reduces the pressure on your entire plumbing system.