Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

My hot water at kitchen sink only gets very hot when I turn

Customer Question
on the dishwasher. Otherwise it...
My hot water at kitchen sink only gets very hot when I turn on the dishwasher. Otherwise it gets just warm 105 degrees. Turning dishwasher on makes it heat up to 115 degrees. We have our hot water tank set on extra hot. Only the bathtubs give us the higher temps
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Plumbing
3/2/2016
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

What do you have for a kitchen faucet? is it a single lever (not 2 handle) faucet? do you have a re-circulating line on the hot water?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Single lever

Ok, you could have a bad cartridge in the faucet. Another possibility is a problem with the check valve on a re-circulation line but you didn't answer my question about that.

Rick
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor