Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a freestanding k-819 tub - I can't lock it so it will…

Customer Question
I have a freestanding k-819...
I have a freestanding k-819 tub - I can't lock it so it will fill- help!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/28/2016
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Do you mean you can't get the drain to stay closed? if so I need to know what type drain mechanism you have.

Looks like the most common mechanism for this tub is a "toe tap" drain. Are you pressing the center of the drain "plug" to lock it?

but not locking

Then the mechanism maybe faulty. The stopper just unscrews so it's pretty easy to replace. It's probably under warranty. If you need to take a bath before you can get a replacement you can unscrew it and stuff a facecloth in the opening as a temporary stopper