Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Ok so had to fix my water heater and a main water line, got…

Customer Question
Ok so had to fix...
Ok so had to fix my water heater and a main water line, got everything back together and washer started filling then stopped, it will do everything but fill, checked the screens they are fine what happened and what now
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
2/27/2016
Plumber: Derek Williams,
 replied 2 years ago
Derek Williams

hello Jared my name is***** to just answer. Lets see if I can help you. disconnect the water lines and get a bucket and bleed the air out of the lines. then reconnect and see if this helps

I did that already
Actually did it twice lol
Plumber: Derek Williams,
 replied 2 years ago

I am sorry. Was just making sure. Ok, Did you open a valve when you installed the water heater to get the air out if it? also is both the hot water and cold water to the machine not filling?

I did and neither cold nor hot is filling, it started to fill then just shut off
I checked to make sure all valves are back on to
Plumber: Derek Williams,
 replied 2 years ago

ok this will sound strange. If it started to fill that says it's not a water issue. It a control board issue. Lets try to rest the board by unplugging the unit for ten minutes and then plugging it back in and turning it on. if it doesn't fill then you know it's in the control board.

Ok got it I'll give it a try
Plumber: Derek Williams,
 replied 2 years ago

Their is also a lid a fuse for the lid switch assembly that may be blow. this can also stop the water from going into the machine. you will have to get this part from maytag if it is blown.

Ok where is that located at
Plumber: Derek Williams,
 replied 2 years ago

the switch will be located in the control board panel. their should be just 2 screws holding this in place. unscrew the screws and lay the panel down. and check the fuse. If you replace the fuse and it blows again. then the switch is bad, in witch case you will have to replace the whole switch assembly

Plumber: Derek Williams,
 replied 2 years ago

I've located a video to show you how to replace the switch. if you have to. this is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TDiODw7pM4. Hope this helps you