Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Our toilet is leaking, but not into the bowl. We put dye in…

Customer Question
Our toilet is leaking, but...
Our toilet is leaking, but not into the bowl. We put dye in the tank and it never colored the water in the bowl. The bowl refills numerous times a day.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
2/24/2016
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the water is leaving the tank and not showing up on the floor then the only place it can go is into the bowl. Have you tried replacing the flapper and/or the flush valve?