Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a Grohe Europlus kitchen faucet. Sometimes the flow…

Customer Question
I have a Grohe...

I have a Grohe Europlus kitchen faucet. Sometimes the flow from the faucet is slow but it can be corrected by turning the sprayer off and on a few times. I read that it was probably due to a diverter and so I ordered one from my local supply house. Now I have removed the handle and the top parts but I am stuck. I can see down the hole where water will flow to the sprayer and I can see that something is crooked. I cannot get the spout off or get the part out that is in the center of the faucet. The diagrams I have show what looks like a screw in the back of the spout but it is not a hex or anything that I can fit a tool to. Any idea on what to do?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

At this point the water is turned off and the faucet is part way disassembled. The handle is off and the valve that mixes hot and cold is out. The diagrams that I have indicate that the diverter valve screws into the part that I can now only see from above. When I look down into the center of the part of the faucet that is still in place I see the hole that leads to the sprayer, the cold supply and the hot supply. I cannot get anything else apart.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 2 days by:
2/26/2016
Plumber: Billy, Mechanical Contractor replied 2 years ago
Billy
Billy, Mechanical Contractor

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply..not "rate".

I still need help. I can add that the guide I have indicates that the faucet is model 33936 or 33937. Do you need anymore info?

are you referring to the part that takes a special key...part

19132 000 which is a disassembly wrench specific for the faucet?