Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I'm trying to repair wall mounted toilet (Plieger) that

Customer Question
keeps running, not sure how...
I'm trying to repair wall mounted toilet (Plieger) that keeps running, not sure how to repair it. But my first problem is trying to remove the flush plate. When pulling on the flush plate, it only bends and feels like I'm going to break it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
2/23/2016
Plumber: Mike R., Plumber replied 2 years ago
Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Do you know which model Plieger toilet you have or if not will you post a picture or two?

Hello, Scott here, I have an old Plieger wall mounted toilet that keeps running. I believe the problem is the membrane, but my biggest problem is trying to remove the flush plate, (see attached photo), when I try to pull it from the wall, it won't come off, but it does feel like it going to break. So, first off, can you give me some advice as to how to remove the flush plate. I have looked endlessly on the internet, but they only show modern flush plates. Thanks.

The plastic cover should be just clipped on and when it is pried off will allow access to the flush apparatus.....no?

I've been having problems with the just answer site, (trying to send), so I'm not sure if you received my photo of the flush plate, but I will try as you said to pry off the flush plate. Will get back with what happens.
I tried to pry the cover off, but it wouldn't come off. But I did pry it enough to see 2 studs, (bolts) attached to the plastic frame attached to the cover. I think the cover assembly is so old that it is stuck.

Sorry you have been having troubles with the site. Not sure what I can do to help with that. I am not sure what else to suggest for removing the cover either. I will opt out to open to other experts.

Hello, problem solved---
during my trying to remove the flush plate, the toilet stopped flushing, the toilet stopped running, all hell broke loose.
So I called a plumber and he replaced the float and re-attached the flush plate, job done, all is good with the world.
Thank you for your help.

You are very welcome.