Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Can i turn my water on with my GE water softener on bypass?

Customer Question
or do I need to...
can i turn my water on with my GE water softener on bypass? or do I need to leave the water off?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
it was leaking and I turned the water off to put it on bypass. I've turned the water back on and it's not leaking, but I didn't know if there is an impact to it being on bypass and the water flowing.
2/23/2016
Plumber: Brad Neighbour,
 replied 2 years ago
Brad Neighbour

Hi there. No that is why there is a bypass for situations like that. To fix leaks or to service the water softener without interrupting the water service. If you were bypassing the water softener for a long period of time, the hard water deposits would eventually start to build up in your waterlines and slow down the pressure. No issues on bypass for a day or two. Hope this helps.

Awesome! Thanks so much!!
Plumber: Brad Neighbour,
 replied 2 years ago

your welcome!

Brad Neighbour
Brad Neighbour
Brad Neighbour