Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have an error 2 on my softener. I called technician

Customer Question
I have an error 2...
I have an error 2 on my softener. I called for a technician Thursday, & have not had a return call yet. Please somebody help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
2/20/2016
Plumber: Brad Neighbour,
 replied 2 years ago
Brad Neighbour

Hi there. I will try to help you as much as possible. What type of softener do you have? Do you know what error 2 means? Should tell you in the manual if you have one. Then we have a good place to start.

It's a culligan. Error 2 means motor stuck
Plumber: Brad Neighbour,
 replied 2 years ago

that's not good. Does the motor run at all? Motor is probably seized or bound up. If it doesn't run at all you could play around with the gears to see if you can get it moving again. Not much you can do if the motor is pooched either than replacing it.