Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a Rinnai Q175C gh Eff. boiler that has been giving us…

Customer Question
I have a Rinnai Q175C...
I have a Rinnai Q175C High Eff. boiler that has been giving us problems since its installation 2013. For some reason we r unable to maintain enough hot water when showering. After 5,6 minutes of operation the water gets cooler. We have had numerous things done to alleviate this such as; changing codes, adding a sensor that was not installed at initial setup and replacing a new circuit board that was not under warranty last year. Also is it normal for the display to read 9, burner off due to high flow temp? Thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
2/20/2016
Plumber: Mike R., Plumber replied 2 years ago
Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. I will have a lot of questions.....eventually an answer so please provide as much detail as possible. For starters, what type of gas line is connected? Black iron? yellow flex? Where is it located? Was this a replacement for a tank water heater? Are you able to post some pictures of the venting and the piping? Has anyone checked the dip switch settings?

I have black pipe, replacement after HurricaneSandy. I had a conventional boiler before with a separate hot water tank. Don't believe the dip switch settings were ever checked. How do I post pix?
When I said replacement I meant the boiler not the black pipe. I took some photos, how can I send them?

You would load pictures then use the paper clip icon to attach them. What size black pipe is it for the gas line? Do you know what your water pressure is?

The dip switch settings are in the manual. It is basically opening the cover and setting the switches they way they should be. Some of them should not be touched so it is very important to only adjust the ones you know for sure you want to change.

Where is the paper clip icon?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

It should be over the box that you type into....no?

Is it possible to complete this conversation tomorrow. We have an emergency that has to betaken care of?

Sure thing. I might not be available until evening. Chat with you then.