Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a similar question to one that was already answered…

Customer Question
I have a similar question...
I have a similar question to one that was already answered about a Geospring hot water heater. After restoring power to the unit and after a wiring problem the codes are telling me there is a problem with the compressor and the heating elements but I find that hard to believe since electrician just verified that it is properly wired at present.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
Is there a way to reset the fault codes?
GE won't be here for 4 days. That is quite a long time to go without a shower.
It is a GEH50DEEDSRB
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/15/2016
Plumber: Phil, Mechanical Engineer. replied 2 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.

Hello

http://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&Name=49-50292-1.pdf

That should be the manual, tell me if that is case or not. Tell me what fault codes are showing and what the read out is on them.

I also need to know about how old the hot water is and where it is located in the house.

We can go from there.

f-3, f-9, f-10Supposedly up to 10 fault codes are stored in memory and turning off the power only clears 1 code (this 9 should remain), but there was a problem with the wiring that was professionally just fixed and that problem no longer exists.I am having trouble getting into diagnostic mode to clear the codes.I don't have access to the professional manual for this particular model.GE service is coming out but they take 4 days to get here.I want to see if clearing all of the codes fixes it since the wiring is now fixed.
Never mind, I was able to find the technical manual, reset the codes, and it seems to be working fine now. I just had to press the right buttons to clear the fault codes.