Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I live in Boston MA the temps are (-0) digress f, actually

Customer Question

I live in Boston MA the temps are (-0) digress f, actually at this moment it's (1) digress f. Anyhow my question and problem is, I'm only getting one side of the faucets in my dwelling to work. I have 3 full baths and of course a kitchen.
"1'st" I'm getting Hot water in basement lavatory sink, no cold water.
"2'nd" both hot & cold in kitchen sink.
"3'rd" only cold no hot in lav sink's and tub's on both 2nd & 3rd floors.
Checked hot water tank/ heater found pilot lit and burning.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Given your description a frozen pipe is the most likely culprit. The best things to do are: keep the hot and cold faucet open as long as someone is home and awake, get as much heat into the areas where the piping runs and you can use a hair dryer or a heat gun (basically a hair dryer on steroids) on exposed piping. Leaving the faucets open will minimizes the chances that the pipe will break. A plumber with a pipe thawing machine can thaw out your concealed pipes if the piping is copper.