Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My name is ***** *****. POur Moen push pull shower/tub

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. POur Moen push pull shower/tub handle is stuck. What do we need to remove the set screw? And could that be the problem?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The handle won't move at all. we cannot pull it ut nor turn it in any direction

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
2/14/2016
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Much more likely the cartridge has seized up and needs to be replaced. But you'll need to remove the handle to replaced the cartridge. I need a picture of the handle showing the set screw to answer that question. You can post a picture here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button

Ok, have you tried backing the allen set screw out?

what size do we need?

It's usually 1/8" or 5/32". No way I can know for sure with this old style. I have a set and try each size until I find one that fits

we need to get a set in inches, we only have milimeters.

Yes it's not a metric size.

Just want you to know that the issue is resolved. Our pipes froze up which caused the handle to freeze as well. Perhaps you should ask folks to check that if this issue ever comes your way again.

It's not uncommon for these valves to seize up. I have no idea where you live and what the weather conditions are there. You made no mention of freezing conditions and all I know is what you tell me.