Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

My v65 stopped working error code 12 no flame it just

Customer Question

my v65 stopped working error code 12 no flame it just stopped after it got down to -15 degrees last night any ideas
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I need the brand and model number for your unit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
rinnai v-65i
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
r u there
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Give a few while I pull your manual

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, a 12 error is a generic flame failure error. Correcting this issue is usually a job for a Rinnai trained pro. Are you using this for space heating or just DHW (domestic hot water)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dhw ,im an electrical contractor ,master electrician in three states i installed it 2 years ago i already cleaned the flame rods ,is this something that the cold weather could be affecting with the intake air ,i was fine yesterday
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

It's possible the exhaust could be clogged with frozen condensation. That's about the only weather related cause for this type of fault. Is it attempting to fire up? you get ignition then it shuts down?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

That was 2 questions. Yes to both?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to both
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok the you have a flame rectification issue. If you've cleaned the sensor rod the next step would be to replace it. I assume you checked the connections

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Here's the troubleshooting guide. It goes into a lot more detail than I can here.

https://www.rinnai.us/documentation/downloads/Troubleshooting_Tankless_Water_Heaters.pdf