Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have a 2nd home in AZ (occupied about 1 week/month). The

Customer Question

I have a 2nd home in AZ (occupied about 1 week/month). The hot water heater seems to be working but I have different temperatures of hot water at showers and faucets inside the house. For example, in a bathroom with 2 sinks, I get no hot water from one sink but do get hot water from the other sink (the one used less often), although I don't think it is as hot as it should be based on the setting on the water heater. I was told by a plumber that the valve (not sure if that is the right word) inside the faucet is stuck or gummed up. How would I go about checking that or does it sound like something else entirely. Thanks
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Do you have adequate hot water in the showers? particularly the one with the problem sink? how many handles does the problem sink faucet have? 1? 2?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have adequate hot water anywhere but it's hotter some places than others. All sinks have 2 handles, all showers have 1. It has always taken a really long time to get hot water upstairs. The warmest shower is in the bathroom upstairs that is hardly ever used.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

What do you have for a water heater? brand and model please or whatever info you can provide if you're not on site. I'm logging off for the night soon. I'll respond in the morning if you don't get back to me in time

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a Bradford White Model M45036FBN, serial #HJ15583685, gas, new in 2011
I am doing a load of wash, water is pretty hot and the water heater is heating in response to the demand
I am leaving in the morning and will be gone for a week. Is this something you think you can help me with or do you think I need to call a plumber? How would I reconnect with you when I get back if you think you can help?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Your best bet is probably to call a plumber unless you are comfortable taking the faucets and valves apart. If you haven't already you could try turning up the temp on the water heater. It's possible that the plumber who installed it was being conservative and set it too low for your needs. This thread won't go away and you can come back here any time. I'll even answer related questions after you rate me favorably.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

If you're ok with taking things apart let me know and I'll give you some options