Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I am installing a sewage basin and pump in the basement

Customer Question
right next to the sump...
I am installing a sewage basin and pump in the basement right next to the sump pump, The hole I dug for the 30" sewage basin is filling up with ground water, we have had lots of rain, but if i install the basin and pump i fear that the water will push the basin, pump and plumbing up and out. Is there anything I can do, i.e drill holes to the sump pump next to it to relieve the water? etc
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
2/3/2016
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I would expect a sump pump right next to it would handle the ground water. I'm not sure what you mean by drilling holes in the sump pump. Do you mean the sump chamber? If so yes that could help. Once the sewage chamber has a pump and water in it as well as the drain in connected it's not going anywhere. But you should deal with the excessive ground water and a nearby sump pump should be able to do the job