Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Quick question... We have a rinnai tankless hot water heater…

Customer Question
Quick question... We have a...
Quick question... We have a rinnai tankless hot water heater that runs on propane. We recently flushed the system with vinegar thru the lines and we also cleaned the small filter on the bottom of the system. Prior to doing this our shower would get cold for about 5-10 minutes during a shower then it seemed to gradually get worse, now that we have done these two things when we turn on either shower the hot water heater doesn't even turn on. We have to turn on the sink water to get the shower water to heat up, why would this be?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
2/3/2016
Plumber: Tyler Redinger,
 replied 2 years ago
Tyler Redinger

Hey I'm tyler I'd like to help you with your question. Do your showers have good water pressure. Do you run sink and shower to get temperature up? Or just sink?

No the pressure isn't very good either and the sink gets hot on its own but to get the shower temperature up we have to turn on the sink also
Plumber: Tyler Redinger,
 replied 2 years ago

Try taking your shower head off,run the shower. I'm thinking your not getting enough water flow,to activate your heater. Let me know how it worked. (May need a higher flow shower head)