Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My kitchen faucet has the option to stream water or spray…

Customer Question
My kitchen faucet has the...
My kitchen faucet has the option to stream water or spray water. It's currently stuck on spray and i believe a piece within the mechanism to toggle back and forth between spray and stream is missing. I found a metal piece in my sink a couple of weeks ago and didn't know what it was and tossed it. The faucet doesn't have any name brand marks so I cannot search for replacement pieces by brand. Any suggestions on where to start looking for the missing piece?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
2/3/2016
Plumber: Tyler Redinger,
 replied 2 years ago
Tyler Redinger

Hey would like to help you with your question. What I do lots as a service plumber is, take lots of pictures of your faucet. Bring pictures in to local plumbing supply store. They are usually really good at finding the replacement part. Some of them won't barely let you leave their store without fixing your problem. Stores you can look for grover supply,Ferguson supply,keller supply. Did I answer your question or could I help you with anything else?

I found it by googling the half red and half blue button that appears on the front. I thought it just resembled hot and cold which it does but it's apparently Deltas design.
Plumber: Tyler Redinger,
 replied 2 years ago

Sounds good hope I was a help. Thanks for using justanswer!