Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Our toilet drain (the center of the wax ring) is just nine…

Customer Question
Hi. Our toilet drain...

Hi. Our toilet drain (the center of the wax ring) is just nine inches from the edge of the shower sill and we would like to move it away a couple of inches. The use of the offset flange looks straightforward enough but we are on the third floor of a condominium with concrete floors that appear to be just six inches thick. We're not sure if there is a structural element in the floor to be concerned with or not. Do you have an opinion on whether or not it is safe to install the flange in this situation?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Don't know what else might help....

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
2/1/2016
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

"just six inches thick" is actually very thick for a slab. Moving your toilet over wit an offset flange won't pose any safety or structural issues.