Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

The cold water feed to a Gas geyser is from a 3/4" main with…

Customer Question
The cold water feed to...
The cold water feed to a Gas geyser is from a 3/4" main with a 1/2" reducing T.
The feed has 3 No. 90 Deg. bends and 2 elbows ( to overlap other pipes) before it gets to the geyser.
the cold water pressure is good at all outlets, the hot water pressure is considerably less and affects the performance of the geyser, gas cuts off, water overheats.
Will the following help?
a) Change the T to a 3/4" equal
b) Maintain the 3/4" feed to the geyser and remove 2 bends and 2 elbows.
c) Reduce the feed to 1/2" at the geyser
Regards
Ian
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
1/29/2016
Plumber: Tyler Redinger,
 replied 2 years ago
Tyler Redinger

Hey would like to give you some pointers with your geyser. First question would be what size is your inlet and outlet on the heater it's self? 3/4 or 1/2? What ever size they are I would say keep it the same all the way to heater,and the fewer the fittings the better flow. Have you checked for screens on the inlet and out let? Could be plugged with pipe shaving,glue,rust..ect.. let me know what you come up with thanks

Plumber: Tyler Redinger,
 replied 2 years ago

Hey how's it going? You ever get a chance to work on your low water pressure on your geyser heater?

Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber