Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a Toto Neorest toilet that has dev eloped a water…

Customer Question
I have a Toto Neorest...
I have a Toto Neorest toilet that has dev eloped a water leak at the right rear side, what appears to be an "outlet" with a plastic cover. What could be the problem
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/28/2016
Plumber: Tyler Redinger,
 replied 2 years ago
Tyler Redinger

I would like to help you with your toilet! You said leaking out the right side! Is the water coming out the top or would you say down lower at the floor level?

Do you know anything about Toto Toilets?
I have the fully automatic Toto Neorest model with automatic seat and cleaning tube, etc.
Plumber: Tyler Redinger,
 replied 2 years ago

There's lots to them! When you say right side of toilet is that when your sitting on it on standing in front of?

sitting on it. The toilet does not have a "tank". the leak appears to be coming from an external "valve"? 16 inches from floor. As you sit on the seat it is to the right. I can text you a pic if you want. give me your iphone # thanks.
Plumber: Tyler Redinger,
 replied 2 years ago
p>
Plumber: Tyler Redinger,
 replied 2 years ago

Hey got the pic looks like that is were your pump/jet is could you give me a part number on that toilet. We're you took the cover of is a screw have you tried taking that off?

Model #NOREST500 or M5950CG Thanks
Plumber: Tyler Redinger,
 replied 2 years ago

How comfortable are you working on your toilet? We're the water comes in to the toilet, I would take the side panel off. I would be shocked if you could see exactly were water is coming from. Something inside could just need tightened up? The side panels are made to pop on and off! Let me know if you need anymore help!

Plumber: Tyler Redinger,
 replied 2 years ago

Hey how's it going? You ever get a chance to work on your toilet?

I have not removed the panels yet as you suggest but will attempt later today or tomorrow. Thanks.
Plumber: Tyler Redinger,
 replied 2 years ago

Ok good luck! Would like to know how it worked for you.

Okay-I'll communicate later. Thank you.
Plumber: Tyler Redinger,
 replied 2 years ago

Ok