Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I put a new moen faucet in my tub 3 years ago it started…

Customer Question
I put a new moen...
I put a new moen faucet in my tub 3 years ago it started leaking a couple weeks ago. I called a plumber he replaced the cartage it was ok for a few days now it;s leaking again. I tries pulling it out cleaning it it still leaks. What else can I do?
Bob
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
1/25/2016
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

When you cleaned it did you check inside the valve body? If there is neoprene residue from the old cartridge left behind in the valve then that can cause a leak

I wiped the cartage clean even used a copper brush cleaner to make sure there were no obstacles
I don't want to pay for talking.
When do I get my answer?

If there's no residue inside the valve and a plumber installed a new cartridge then the valve is probably defective. Most Moen valves have a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects. I'd contact Moen directly and insist on a replacement. You can call them at 1-***-***-****.

A phone call is just an option. We an continue here if you have more questions

That wasn't a answer not satafied I knew that I wanted to know how to fix it with out tearing the place apart.

I'm sorry but you can't fix a defective valve. You don't have to "tear the place apart" to to replace the valve. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I didn't make your valve.

You didn't tell me anything I want to cancel this contract. You were suppose to tell me how to fix the valve.
You say 100 % satisfaction Guaranteed I'm 100% dissatisfied I would like a refund on my card.

I'm not a magician. You can't fix a valve with a defect. I'll let customer service know you want a refund.

Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber