Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My act-4 hot water circulator cycles from a pre setting of…

Customer Question
my act-4 hot water circulator...
my act-4 hot water circulator cycles from a pre setting of almost hot to almost cold to almost hot every few seconds. I'm close to the water heater. My wife is the farthest, where the sensor is located, from the heater and her experience is the water goes from a preset war to cooler and cooler
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/25/2016
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Sounds like the remote valve/"sensor" isn't communicating with the pump. When was the last time the batteries were changed?

Brand new install, it is linked OK, water temp varies up and down instead of steady, goes from 95 to about 120. Hard to deal with esp. In the shower.

I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.