Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Rick. Our Kohler 1146 whirlpool jets quit going on. When we…

Customer Question
Rick. Our Kohler 1146 whirlpool...
Rick. Our Kohler 1146 whirlpool jets quit going on. When we press the switch, there is no click. How do you manually test the pump before replacing the actuator switch in the tub? If it is the tub switch, do we just pry it out with a flat head?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/24/2016
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

It's almost never the air switch actuator on the tub. Much more common is the tubing falling off the switch or the actuator. Sometimes the tubing can get kinked. You rule out the switch at the pump by first activating it at the pump then (if that doesn't work) jump out the switch to be sure the motor runs. The actuator at the tub is held in place by a lock nut on the underside of the tub.

Rick
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor