Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

The orange wire on the GE water heater in my apartment my…

Customer Question
The orange wire on...

The orange wire on the GE water heater in my apartment my puppy chewed it off

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Is there a way to send pictures?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
the payment was sent
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/24/2016
Plumber: Jason, Handyman replied 2 years ago
Jason
Jason, Handyman

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.

If you can save the photos to your computer, you can click the paper clip icon on the toolbar to post them here in the chat.

Users/katherinefendon/Desktop/Orange Wire1.JPG
/Users/katherinefendon/Desktop/OrangeWire2.JPG

Are you Katherine?

Unfortunately, the pics didn't load to the chat properly. If you click the paper clip icon, it should allow you to browse to the location on your computer where the images are stored.

It worked this time. It appears you have a gas water heater. Is this correct?

I can take a picture of the unit if you want

Is the puppy okay, and is the water heater still working? It's okay, I don't need a photo of the water heater. As electricians, we wouldn't typically connect wiring that small on a water heater. On gas units, the plumbers usually take care of everything. That being the case, I think it would be better to transfer your question to the plumbing category.

Both are ok. I noticed after I took a shower and the hot water was fine. I just wanted to make sure it was nothing that was going to leak gas or something like that.Thank you. How do I transfer to a plumber?

Glad to hear all is well, other than the damaged wire. I'll transfer your question to the plumbing category. It sometimes takes a little while for a question to be moved to a new category, as it has to be done manually by a moderator. We appreciate your patience. Have a blessed evening.

Thank you

Happy to help. I have put in the transfer request.