Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Situation: atmospheric water heater. very gh CO count when…

Customer Question
situation: atmospheric water heater. very...
situation: atmospheric water heater. very high CO count when measuring in throat with combustion tool. Is there anything that can be done to change the gas to air ratio or anything to reduce the CO other than replacing? Draft is good. Thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
1/22/2016
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

There are no fuel/air adjustments on water heaters. The only thing that might help is more combustion air. If this is a unit with a sealed combustion chamber you can vacuum the air intake vent at the bottom of the heater. Some models have a screen around the base to keep lint and other debris out. If the unit is in a confined area there may not be adequate air for combustion in the space