Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I need to calculate the psi of a hot water tank

Customer Question
Hi i need to calculate...
Hi i need to calculate the psi of a hot water tank
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
1/23/2016
Plumber: Billy, Mechanical Contractor replied 2 years ago
Billy
Billy, Mechanical Contractor

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying.

I do need someone to help me find the PSI of my tank, pls tell me if its possible.

I looked at your question...temp regarding pressure is obviously easy to find out. The issue of course is finding whether the vessel can handle that.

The unknown in this case is the welds. Is the unit welded at all corners?

Is the unit bent into shape with minimal welds?

Type of welds and materials?

We would need more info, or you would have to physically test units with pressure.

The welds will be in the on 2 sides of the tanks in the direction of 15 meters. The material is SS 316 grade material. The thickness is 3mm