Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

OK, I know a lot or a little about a lot of things but

Customer Question
there's not a lot I...
OK, I know a lot or a little about a lot of things but there's not a lot I know very little about and this is the one area… I have an upstairs full bath that leaks directly below it into the pantry in the kitchen only when the tub drain floods I've use Drano it worked at first but there simply too much stuff in there I have enclosed a picture of the cage that goes over the drain so I cannot get a full snake in there I'm willing to do any and everything including coliform her but I just don't think it's necessary there's a bunch of crap in this drain I know it my son uses toilets as trash cans and maybe the tub drain as well uses a lot of Band-Aids as he is in the same work I am welding and I believe they end up there too, you can't really see where it's leaking through the ceiling downstairs in the pantry but I will tell you it dripped all along and around a lighted lightbulb very weird
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
1/19/2016
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You snake the drain through the overflow not the drain in the bottom of the tub. You remove the face plate and pull out the linkage then snake through there.

OK it's now two prong I tried to snake to know avail I didn't feel like it was even touching anything even I have standing water in the tub but he knew that I was having problems and now it's become obvious as I had egg hunt to hit not literally out of the commode that they work together on this

I don't understand your last comment. Are you saying the toilet is backing up too? into the tub? if so then you have a main line stoppage and you'll have to snake the main with a motorized snake that's considerable bigger than the sink snake.

Rick
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor