Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

Code 11 tankless water heater model Rtg-74xn-2

Customer Question

Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

An 11 code is an ignition failure. If the burner fires up then goes out then it's a flame sensing problem. If it doesn't fire up at all then the chamber will need to be cleaned and checked if it hasn't been done in the last year.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

The connections to the igniter and the igniter itself needs to be checked

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a funny thing. Before I touch the heater the customer was complaining scalding hot water. I called Rheem and they replaced the circuit board for me and I installed it and now its giving code 11. What's up with that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was given a 76 code as if it was trying to communicate with another heater that is not in line.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.