Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

Just had a new hydrojet water heater installed yesterday and

Customer Question

Just had a new hydrojet water heater installed yesterday and the hot water is not working.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I need the brand and model of your heater.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bradford white hydrojet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I still need the model number. It's located on the rating tag on the bottom front of the tank. Who installed this? a plumber?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
through fidelity insurance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get it?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Rating tag is on the bottom of the front (not the top) of the tank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model# ***** *****
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok give me a few to look up the specs for this unit

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

OK, this is a basic electric water heater. So it sounds like you pushed the red reset button on the top thermostat and nothing happened? If that's the case do you have a volt meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, what I suspect has happened is that the tank wasn't filled (completely)and the upper element burned out. If resetting the breaker and pushing the reset produced no results this is the most likely cause. Of course it's also possible you have a defective thermostat but either way you need to call the installer back and have then fix this. It's their responsibility

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did press it. I'm not sure if anything happened. If something did happen how long before I would notice the water getting warm?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

If it didn't click it wasn't tripped and tripping the reset on a brand new heater is extremely unusual. Could take up to an hour for the water to heat up but it could start to get warm before then. If it's still cold in a hour then nothing is working.