Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Just had a new hydrojet water heater installed yesterday and…

Customer Question
Just had a new hydrojet...
Just had a new hydrojet water heater installed yesterday and the hot water is not working.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
1/16/2016
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I need the brand and model of your heater.

Ok, I still need the model number. It's located on the rating tag on the bottom front of the tank. Who installed this? a plumber?

through fidelity insurance

Rating tag is on the bottom of the front (not the top) of the tank

Model# ***** *****

Ok give me a few to look up the specs for this unit

OK, this is a basic electric water heater. So it sounds like you pushed the red reset button on the top thermostat and nothing happened? If that's the case do you have a volt meter?

I do not

Ok, what I suspect has happened is that the tank wasn't filled (completely)and the upper element burned out. If resetting the breaker and pushing the reset produced no results this is the most likely cause. Of course it's also possible you have a defective thermostat but either way you need to call the installer back and have then fix this. It's their responsibility

I did press it. I'm not sure if anything happened. If something did happen how long before I would notice the water getting warm?

If it didn't click it wasn't tripped and tripping the reset on a brand new heater is extremely unusual. Could take up to an hour for the water to heat up but it could start to get warm before then. If it's still cold in a hour then nothing is working.