Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

My name is ***** *****. I had water in my basement. I can

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I had water in my basement. I can not turn on my GPVH 40 101 water heater. Although I dried the bottom of the water heater the best I could, I still get an error code #15 which equates to the far left green light on solid and the far right ***** *****ght on solid indicating it is hot.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The water heater is an A.O. Smith with an intelli-vent box on it for setting the temperature. The water heater is 7 or 6 years old. Water in the basement was just high enough to have covered the burn plate. Insulation was and still is wet. I tested the FV sensor out of circuit and the resistance was roughly 150K ohms. I did not recheck after attempting to clean it. I removed the hot surface plate and igniter and cleaned and dried it before re-installing. Also removed all water that had settled in the bottom area of the heater. I use propane to run this water heater.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Far left and C LED lit is a flammable vapor sensor error. So if the sensor got wet you need to replace it. 150 k ohms indicates a failed sensor.Also it sounds like you'll have to pull the burner out and empty out the tubing to the burner it's probably full of water.