Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

A washcloth dropped down my drain
, second floor

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****... a washcloth dropped down my drain
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: second floor standing show stall... washcloth dropped down the drain to the bottom level which connects to a slop sink in the laundry room. now any water that runs gets stopped up and fills up the slop sink
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You're going to have to snake the line. A motorized power snake is the best tool for the job. As it spins in the drain pipe the cloth will get wrapped around it, snagging it. Then you can pull it out. If you want to do this yourself you can usually rent a sink drain snake at a local tool rental outlet